
Well, I really am a horrible mother. I am posting my daughter's birthday wishes 6 days late. In my defense, we had family here all weekend and then the fourth of July hit and today is her little girl's birthday party. So, sweetie pie, please forgive me for being late.
To my sweet Melanie:
A little lady you are. You are tender and caring and sweet. I loved watching you open your presents with your brother smooshed right by your side. And, with each gift you would light up in delight and exclaim to him, "Look Robby, look what we got." I love that he is your best friend and playmate right now in life. I hope this always lasts.
I love that you love to sing. Music fills our home all the time with your sweet little voice. At the moment, you happen to be in love with your own vibrado and it cracks me up every time. You hold out notes as long as you can putting as much spin on it as you can. And, it is usually a note or a word that has no reason for vibrado, but I love it.
I love that you really like yourself. You know that you are pretty (which is pretty dangerous), but you have no reason to be self conscious or concerned about petty things. You are proud of the work you do when you clean your room or create a picture or sing a song. You have a confidence that draws others to you. I hope this always lasts.
I love your sweet prayers at dinner or bedtime when you pray for mommy and daddy and Robby and Nana and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Nicole and Uncle Steve and cousins Emily, Megan, Macy and Makenzie and the other kids and all the... you get the idea. You genuinely care for others and want to see them know Jesus like you do. I hope this always lasts.
I love YOU. My precious sweet 5 year old. I really can't believe it has been that long since I held your tiny little body in my arms and cried tears of joy that God had given me the chance to have another child. And, he had given me a girl. He had given me you.
6 comments:
What a precious little lady she is. Happy Birthday Melly!
happy birthday sweetheart!! i remember how anxious your mommy was to see you 5 years ago and what a gift you are!
Happy Birthday you beautiful little princess! Your pretty face always makes me smile! :)
You are a true miracle of God. You stole my heart away just like your mommy did the day I first met her. You will always be my little princess.
Such a sweet post, Nat, and Happy belated to Melly! I love you both!
happy (belated) birthday Mellie. You are precious.
Post a Comment