Saturday, June 30, 2007

June

Well, it's hard to believe today is the last day of June. I had to get at least one post in for the month. So here I sit at 11:00 pm typing away.
It has been an incredible month with so much going on. So here's a recap.
On June 1st, my incredible dad turned 60. The family got together to celebrate with only a few of us missing. It was wonderful to honor him and the legacy he has created. I hope he has 60 more years. (ya never know. Life expectancy continues to increase all the time, right?!)
The church had its awesome VBS. My kids were still singing last year's VBS music when I got the cd for this year's music. Of course, we have every word and action memorized and I expect to be listening to this music in May of 2008. God is good and allowed us to minister to somewhere around 165 children over the week. It really was awesome.
My sweet cousin, Seth was married to a wonderful woman. My sister and I were able to travel the 2 hours to the wedding. I even got to sing in the wedding. It was lots of fun. In high school, Seth was in a severe car accident that many wondered if he would survive. But, God has preserved his life for a great purpose. He is a great guy with a great wife and two incredible step kids. I am so excited for all that his future holds.
Bill and I celebrated 9 years of marriage during this month. It landed during VBS week and a busy week at work for me, but we were still able to celebrate. Martina McBride had a concert in our area and we were able to get tickets. She is an incredible singer who gave us a great show. Diamond Rio was her opening act and they were awesome, too. Ten years ago, the summer we were engaged, we listened to Diamond Rio a ton, so it was fun to see them in concert and sing all their old songs. Before the concert we were able to go to this incredible New Orleans style restaurant and have lots of yummy food. It was a really fun night to celebrate my awesome hubby.
So in case you didn't notice I had a great, incredible and awesome June with great, incredible, and awesome people.
P.S. I think I need a new thesaurus of adjectives.

3 comments:

melanie said...

it was a great month. i don't know why but i really got into the vbs actions this year, i thought they were a blast, coming from a girl who can't clap.

Judy said...

Happy belated anniversary! VBS WAS AWESOME! We are still listening to the CD! Thanks for sharing!

Heth said...

June was awesome. July will be awesomer. :)

Happy Anniversary!!!