Why, you may ask, would I love a man that I have only met just once and will never see again. Because, he brought me two boxes that look like this...

Inside those two boxes were these...

I have never been so excited to do laundry!!! And, that is why I love Tom. He brought me my big beautiful new front-load, energy efficient washer and dryer.
This is really a wonderful God thing. My Uncle has worked for the Maytag corporation for probably over 30 years. My Grandfather worked for Maytag before him for many many more years than that. Maytag was recently bought out by Whirlpool. God directed my Uncle and some friends of his to start a private Research and Development Company. This allowed them to get a contract with Whirlpool and continue doing the same kind of work with all the same people.
Anyway, with all the changes at Maytag, the company opened up their employee discount to family of employees. I am a family. Yay!!! The other wonderful thing is just how perfect God's timing is. Our washer and dryer were fairly old and although they still work, I don't think they did as good a job as they could have. Drying times seemed to be getting longer and longer. And, mysterious little holes have occasionally appeared in my clothes. It was time for something new and this opened up at just the right time.
We were able to get this Maytag Neptune for such a good price. It doesn't look super fancy. There is no viewing window. (The kids were a little disappointed in that.) But, my Uncle and my parents have the same washer and dryer and they say you can fit 18 full size bath towels or 3 sets of queen size sheets or 12 adult size pairs of jeans. I have also been told by him and a salesman that I can put dirty, grass stained clothes right in the washer without even pretreating and they will come clean. No pretreating, how will I ever restrain myself from dowsing each grassy, muddy, or PB&J spill with Oxiclean. OOOOHHH I can't wait to give it a try. As soon as my new BFF, Tom, left I gave the laundry lady a quick call. I knew that she would appreciate my joy over a new washer and dryer. Anyway, I'm just a little excited. As I sit here and type my sweet little girl has informed me that she wet the bed early this morning and I will need to wash the sheets today. YAY!!! Wet sheets. I can't wait.
P.S. Big shout out to my hubby, Shawn, Paul, Zach and Cody for removing my old washer and dryer at 10:00 the night before. Thanks for getting rid of those old beasts. My feelings for you are almost as deep as they are for Tom.
5 comments:
HOORRRAAAYYYY~ They are finally here! whooo hooo! Laundry party at Natalie's! I'll bring the mud so we can test them out! Seriously....I feel your joy! God is an awesome God!
YAY!!! I am so happy for you!!!
"Ain't no party like a laundry party 'cause a laundry party don't stop."
Wait. That's totally true and really sad. Anyway, I'm SUPER happy for you!
Congratulations!! and thank you Tom! Enjoy!
Woooohoooo!!
Congrats on the new appliances and cheers to hubby!
Sue
Post a Comment