Sunday, July 08, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


Well, it's a Monday again. The next two weeks look to be very busy, if I am to accomplish all that I would like to. So, I better be organized. I always know one of the easiest ways to be organized is to have all my meals ready for the week. I am going to try a few things in the crockpot that I normally do in the oven and see if they work out. Any thing to not have to turn on the oven and make it boiling lava hot in my house right now will be great with me. With the A/C a little on the fritz and not working to its full potential I don't want to add any extra heat if at all possible.

Monday: Raspberry Chicken(normally in the oven, but today in the crockpot)steamed veggies and creamy rice (both in the microwave).

Tuesday: Java-Q Ribs (again, in the crockpot), salad and "baked" potatoes (in the microwave)

Wednesday: At the church's youth cafe, its quick, cheap and I don't have to turn a thing on in the kitchen.

Thursday: Chicken Parisienne (Yay for the crockpot), white rice, and peas

Friday: Dad can grill some meat and we'll pick up some fresh sweet corn from the stand on the side of the road!!! (Yay for sweet corn season)
For you locals, the best sweet corn stand is in the parking lot of the Old Wal-Mart. They really are a local place and a really nice family to support.

Saturday: Leftovers, (They should be pretty good)

Have a great week!

3 comments:

melanie said...

have a great week hon!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww that's one thing I definitely miss about living there is the sweet corn. So far, I haven't seen a single stand, and the grocery store stuff is from Florida.

Tina said...

what?!? I thought Friday was taco night!!!