At some point during the morning, Rob comes bounding into the kitchen, exclaiming "Mom, someone wrote something on the chalkboard downstairs, you have to come and read it." He sounded a little concerned, "Mom, I didn't write and I don't know who did." This needed some investigation.
My summer child care is a high school girl who frequently writes and draws things on the chalkboard. I've never seen anything inappropriate, but this was curious to me. As I headed for the basement, Robby scooted the other way. HMMM, that was a little wierd. As I approached the chalkboard I could see my son's 6 year old scrawl and knew the little rascal had gotten me. This is what it said:
"I am Hideing someware in the hoas"
I began to chuckle and knew that my very clever son was hid(e)ing somewhere in the "hoas" and I must go find him. I went upstairs and loudly threw open the bathroom door. "Are you in here?" No.
Then the bathroom closet, "I'm coming for you." No.
Next the shower curtain, "You must be in the bathtub!" No.
Finally, I came to the bedroom closet. As I threw open the door, he startled, then I jumped. And, we fell on the floor laughing. We laughed and talked for a few minutes. Then I went back to my work and he went off to play.
Ya, know the little stinker didn't play again with me the rest of the morning.
Maybe, I should stop and play a little more often. I might get more work done.
5 comments:
What fun! He's a such a clever lad!
what a sweetie! i love notes! have a great day!
A little play goes a long way! Thanks for a great reminder to stop and do the important stuff.
thats cute!
What a bright little guy!!! I need to play with my kids more.
Post a Comment