Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Sweet Little Girl


On one hand my sweet little girl is the perfect princess. She loves to get dressed up, insists on wearing pink and prefers dresses and skirts over pants. She loves makeup. One time I came into the bathroom to find she had applied mascara with the precision of a pro, until she rubbed her eye and smeared black all over. She has sass like you would not believe, but she can be so tender and sweet and loving. She is a good little "mommy" to all her baby dolls. And, can this girl sing. From a very early age she has been able to sing in perfect pitch. We can almost always tell exactly what she is singing by the tune. She has a little trouble with the words, though. She knows most of the worship songs we sing in church and she has every song from High School Musical memorized. Total girl through and through.
On the other hand... she is the messiest child!!! All her clothes have stains on them. Her hair is always in tangles. She picks her nose and her rear end (Not usually at the same time). She could care less if she is covered in go-gurt, dog hair and snot all at the same time. She is not afraid of bodily functions. On a recent morning, I was getting ready in the bathroom when she bursts in "I have to go potty!" "Ok, then go." I say. As she is going she passes a little gas. So, being the thinking kind of child that she is, she asks quite sincerely, " Mom, how come in the morning when I go potty, my bottom says phhheeeewww?" You would just have to hear her say this in her sweet little voice. I reply that most people's bottoms say phhheeewww in the mornings. That is just how our bodies work. That satisfied her.
So all this to say what a precious child my little Mellie is. She is most definitely a princess but she will be able to hold her own.

13 comments:

Natalie Joy said...

You forgot to mention how she is a total daredevil and usually has bruises on her somewhere from falling or running into something. She's as sweet as honey, but you don't want to mess with her (just ask her brother). She has the beauty of her mommy and just like her she can melt my heart with a single look. I am blessed because my home is filled with princesses.

Natalie Joy said...

The previous comment is from Bill. I don't talk like that about myself.

melanie said...

well we think your a princess too! melly definitely is a beauty queen and "melanies" sure have a way of holding their own!

Tina said...

did Bill forget his password? maybe that would explain why he never blogs anymore?!

And I agree with your adorable sweet precious little belching farting princess.... that's the best kind to have! :)

Amie said...

That is the cutest question ever!!! :) She's one in a million!

Angela said...

What a sweet blog! I love your little girl, too. And what a great comment from Bill! I have goosebumps. Thanks for sharing.

Heth said...

Oh my gosh, that pic is adorable. GO MELLY!

Brenda said...

lol...I love that Bill logged in as you...Just to let you know when we went to Chicago and Mexico all Bill could talk about was you...He is still head over heels for you and I am blessed to have witnessed it first hand. Who does she get her bodily functions from????LOL!!! Your a good mommy keep it up!!!

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brenda said...

In case you didn't know i changed from Brenda to this, Jer is kinda freakish when it comes to the net....(he's old LOL!I love em!!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Pheeeewwwww...that is so cute.

Kimberly said...

We would love you to join Bagaholics Anonymous but don't have your email. Could you send me your email and I'll send you an invite? Thanks! Cute blog!

lindiepindie said...

She is precious - it's so nice to see their little personalities unfold as they grow. So sweet that your hubby would call you a princess as well.