Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers in the world. My sweetheart of a son has been making me "Mother's Day cards" all weekend by printing things- anything- off his favorite websites. They have been very sweet gestures. We also had a sweet conversation.
Me: Thank you for a wonderful mother's day.
Him(kind of quickly): Thank you for a wonderful ... mother. I love you.

Doesn't that just melt your heart. He really is a sweetie.

So, I wanted to make something special for my mom and mom in law, and I have been so inspired by all the purse makers out there (Randi at I have to say and Lindiepindie at Craft Apple) that I decided to make a purse for each of them. My first purse was a little strawberry print I made for Mellie as a tester. Then I made a tote bag for my sister to take on her honeymoon out of a cherry print fabric. I found some beautiful taupey green cream fabrics and made a cute patchwork purse for each of them. I hope they like them and will be able to use them at least a little. They came out a little smaller than I would have liked but I learned how to calculate my measurements a little better. So here is a picture of my cute little creation.
P.S. Happy Mother's Day to the greatest moms I ever could have asked for. I love you.

10 comments:

Randi said...

Oh cute! Your bag came out so nice!

Happy Mother's Day!

Brenda said...

You are an awesome sewer....I'm a little jelous(is that the right spelling??? it doesn't look right! i can't spell that word today!!!!.....lol. Happy Mother's day!!!

Heth said...

The purses came out beautifully Natalie. Great job!

Tina said...

wow! I'm impressed. I can't even sew a straight line. Emily gave me a "That's so Raven" certificate for Mother's Day.

Angela said...

I love the purses. Great job!! I'm sure they'll appreciate them very much.

Anonymous said...

Natalie that is awesome! And cute, cute, CUTE!!! /hi5 :)

Amie said...

That's awesome!!! I'm very curious about these creations, what kind of material do you use to make it stay up like that? Is there cardboard in there, or what? Either way, it's beautiful - keep up the great work!!!

lindiepindie said...

That is a sweet little purse! I really like the button closure. I need to get better at closures - maybe even try a zipper-Yikes!

Your son is so sweet - loving you in his own way.

I get charm packs at my local quilt store. Do you have one in your area? They are also all over the web. Fun stuff to play with - they are usually $5-10. Try this link: http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_dept_items.asp?Store_id=460&page_id=17. Have fun!

lindiepindie said...

Oops - I just tried the link - you'll still have to search for "charm pack". The store's website is www.cabbagerosequilting.com - it's my favorite fabric store!

hannahjoy said...

I'm very impressed. Ok, so this summer, cooking lessons, and sewing lessons? Now that I'm back I want to come over!!