Thursday, February 02, 2006

Fun New Things


I have a couple of fun new things to share with my cyber family.
I love to shop, but only if I can find really great deals. I love to bring home my items and add up the total original prices. Then I add up the prices I actually paid and subtract it from the originals. It is such a good feeling to see what great deals I can find. So I thought I would share my latest Great Deal. I just love this new coat. Original Price: $58.00 Price I Paid: $6.97 Difference: $51.03 I can't even calculate how much in percentage off that is.


I also thought I would post a picture of the fabrics I chose for a quilt project that Randi over at I Have to Say is doing. She is conducting an online quilt class. This is a craft I have wanted to pick up and I have actually done two projects already, but without any real instruction from someone who knows what they are doing. My first project was a table runner for my mom. I got the pattern off the internet and although it was simple the instructions were for seasoned quilters. Let's just say it is the kind of gift only a mother could love and proudly display. Kind of like wearing a macaroni necklace to the church Valentine's Banquet. My second project was also a table runner, but for my mother-in-law. And, this time I got a book for beginners. It was a lot easier to put together because I had real instructions. I still have to do the binding, so when that is done I will post a pic. I'm a little behind on Randi's class but I hope to get caught up or at least have her posts to follow when I do get the time.






8 comments:

Heth said...

That coat is adorable. Love it.

I really like your fabric choices for the quilt. Keep updating us on the progress.

Anonymous said...

Natalie, I love your coat!! You and Heth are so good at finding these amazing treasures...take me with you the next time you go shopping!! lol :)

Amie said...

You paid 12%, 88% off - It's too sad to tell you how long that took me to figure out. lol Been a while since high school, I guess.

I would love to learn how to quilt! I keep saying.....after this is done, I'll learn how to quilt. After this is clean....after those meetings.....after my classes.....and notice - no quilting. Way to go, you!!!

Randi said...

I love your fabric colors! Don't worry about being behind-I will keep the lessons on my sidebar for a while.

I look forward to visiting you again!

mommy to six J's said...

Pretty fabric colors I do the exact same thing when I go shopping.Hi my name is Char I am a friend of Randi.Stop by and say hi some time

Tina said...

very cute.... it sounds fun!

Randi said...

Hi,

In regards to batting, I like Warm and Natural. It is soft, cotton batting and it is very warm if you are making a bed or lap quilt. I haven't had trouble hand-quilting it but it is also the kind of batting I learned on, so maybe I am just used to it.

The only drawback to W&N is the price. I always try to buy it when it is 50% off, otherwise it costs too much, especially for a big quilt!

owlhaven said...

Great bargain on the coat! Thanks for visiting my adoption blog!
Mary