Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Notes from the Desk of...

I have been exploring the blogger world a little bit more lately, looking at new blogs, finding new and interesting people. As I have been exploring, I have taken note of the different blog names and the names people choose to use as their identity. Some are funny, some are serious, and some just make you go "Hmmm?". So I was curious how and why people have come up with the name of their blog. I would love to hear about others of you but I will start with myself to be fair.
When I was younger, I remember seeing somewhere hand-made stationary that had the phrase "A Note from the Desk of" and then the name of the person embossed in beautiful shiny ink across the top. I have always, always wanted really pretty paper stationary with those words on it to write special notes to friends and family.
When I was creating my blog, I started by looking at the templates to choose from and saw the one I am using. It kind of reminded me of very nice stationary and I remembered my dream of having my own stationary. Since this is my thoughts and feelings to the world I thought it would be good name for my blog. When I told Bill he said it was a dumb name, but I decided to keep it anyway.
I would love to hear how some of you decided on your blog names, like Heth I know why you named your blog "From Under the Laundry Pile" but is there a story?
And, beefy, why are you called beefy?
T. What about you? Why t and not your full name?
Era Shay? Do you just like to speak pig latin?
Fill me in guys.

8 comments:

Natalie Joy said...

Thanks Debbie. I don't know if you know this but I am a Pastor's wife too. I enjoyed reading your personal blog.

iridium said...

Bliggity Blaggity Blog - I wanted to make fun of blogging.

...guess that backfired.

Randi said...

I have a habit of saying "I have to say" when I am summing up my thought in a conversation, hence the name. I would like to change it but I think it is too late now!

I would like to know about beefy's name too!

Heth said...

From Under the Laundry Pile. No story, it's just my lot in life. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not kidding. I sat at this computer for TWO HOURS trying to come up with a cute creative name for my blog. I took a break from my intense brainstorming and decided to check my email. In an email response I proceded to ask the recipient, "How are things in your little corner of the world?" So then it was a lightbulb moment and I decided to call it My Little Corner of the World. I'm sure there are hundreds of little corners of the world out there in bloggerland, but mine is mine! lol :)

Dionna said...

Mine is "Using My Voice" because I wanted the blog to be a personal platform where I could give my opinions more.

Chaotic Mom said...

Mine is "Chaotic Home", because that's how I see my home right now.

I also have "The Happy Home", kind of a boring name. That's the goal for the house, but maybe I'll change the name when I'm finally using it. Things are pretty happy now, even in the chaos.

Then I have one to journal my boys' cochlear implant experiences, "The Bionic Boys." That was my original blog.

You've posted a good thought provoker! :)

Amie said...

Well, you can sure read about my name on my blog. It's so funny that I didn't read this until I already posted why I use "beefy". Anyway, if you're not THAT interested - like I probably wouldn't be, here goes.
28. I beat the high school push up record at 35 for girls with 115
29. I love cows - I collect them
30. 28 and 29 should explain my nickname "beefy"

I love "Life's Little Quirks" 'cause it's the quirks about people that make them who they are! :)