The other day I was rushing about after coming home from work; eating a quick dinner of ham and bean soup, pushing the kids to the showers and practicing spelling words. As my daughter finished her spelling words and was drawing some pictures in one room, I heard some tinkling on the piano keys in another room.
Robby was practicing for his piano lessons, playing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" over and over again, but with different techniques and rhythms. I watched his slender fingers strike the keys and his wrists rise with the expertise of a seasoned pianist. I began to think of my children, how they've grown so quickly, how talented and unique they each are. Robby is obviously musical. (Robby is obsessed with classical music and composers right now. He can name "pieces" composed by Mozart, Bach or Chopin and identify them when we are in public places). He has just begun piano lessons two weeks ago and is on his "4th" lesson. He has taught himself to play all sorts of songs long before formal lessons began. He has been eating up the new knowledge and practicing every day, without us needing to push him or even remind him.
As I watched and listend to Robby, I thought of Melanie and what unique talents she posesses. She is a budding artist. She could spend hours drawing and coloring. And, inspite of her parents' lack of artistic talent, she seems to have it. Her drawings of puppies, animals and even people are really good! (She is obsessed with dogs right now. Every library book is about different breeds of dogs, dog rescue stories, etc. She can also identify dogs that she knows to match the different breeds). She is also so tender hearted. She so often puts the wants and needs of others ahead of her own.
Tears came to my eyes at that moment, watching Robby and thinking of Melanie and the beautiful and amazing people they are becoming! They really are my greatest joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I really wish we could pause the kids where they're at right now. They're growing up so fast!
That was the best when rob ran across the parking lot & yelled bye aunt shell. I love those two.
They are amazing little people. I can't wait to see what God has in store for their lives.
Post a Comment