Following our brief visit, we drove another hour to celebrate my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary and my grandfather's 80th birthday. Again, I listened as my grandparents spoke of their love and marriage. They shared stories of how they met, their first date, their first kiss (same day as their first date), their 30 day engagement, their chilvary following the wedding and honeymoon (camping in a farmer's field in Missouri), and many more. Their voices, too, were tender and sweet. Their eyes would occasionally fill with tears of love and joy as they spoke of their many years of ministry to the Lord and raising their family. They expressed their pride in their children and grandchildren.
It was an amazing weekend that offers me hope and joy for my own marriage and family. I look forward to being able to celebrate many years with my husband and in honor of him, Gerald Sager and my grandparents, Wilma and Willis I write this meme.
Two for Togetherness
2 things you compliment your husband on while in his presence1. What a great husband and dad he is.
2. Well, sorry, this one is for him to know and you NEVER to find out ;)
2 compliments you make about your spouse to your friends
1. How intelligent he is. He is so smart and doesn't even know it sometimes, but his brain must work in an amazing way.
2. What a great husband and dad he is. And, he is a great dancer. Very light on his feet.
2 traits you married him/her for
1. His heart for God and God's calling on his life
2. His beautiful voice. He could sing to me every day.
2 days you cherished the most with your husband
1. The day that Robby was born and I knew God still had a purpose for my life here on earth and it would always be with Bill.
2.Going through a difficult time in my life as a woman and having my husband say,"I still believe in you and we'll get through this together."
2 material things you could give your husband if you just inherited a fortune
1. A custom built home that he would never have to do any repairs to or yardwork.
2. The sweetest in-home, sound proof theater so he could watch all his favorite movies really loud.
2 things you would miss the most if she/he left for two weeks
1. Our talks after dinner
2. Everything (you may refer to #2 of "Things I compliment him about in his presence")
2 thoughts that crossed your mind when you first met/saw your spouse
1. Wow, his head is really white but really cute.
2. I'll go tell him how cute he is and hopefully he will feel better about having just shaved his head.
2 favorite dates
1. Our first date getting lost going to downtown Tulsa and then to Java Dave's on Riverside and then to the bridge over the Arkansas river. It was there that we saw his old girlfriend and I slipped my arm into his to try to make her jealous. It was also the day I knew I was looking at my future husband.
2. Going to Eureka Springs, AR during "War Eagle"...by accident.
2 funny odd things you love
1. How he can name any song within about 3 measures.
2. How he can laugh at himself.
2 places you have lived with your spouse
1. Tulsa, OK (2 apartments in 1 year)
2. The town we live in now (5 homes in the first 4 years here)
2 favorite vacations
1. Our honeymoon- especially the night at Grandma's house
2. The cruise with our college friends.
8 comments:
That is really very sweet. I've been thinking a lot about my hubby since he's been out of town. He's only gone since this morning and will be back tomorrow, but I miss him so much when he's gone.
We're approaching our 10th anniversary this summer. Being married 40 years would be wonderful, 60 years, even better! What great examples you have had! Would that more people did.
A great big Awwwwww. So sweet Natalie.
I love your comments at the beginning. I've said this before and I'll say it again that guy really loves you. Very sweet.
"We'll get through this together" has to be the sweetest thing any guy could ever say. GREAT answers!
That is incredible; I love it. I think you guys are so awesome and love you TONS!!
Thanks Babe. I told you it would never be boring and so far that's proven itself to be true. The awesome thing is our adventure together is nowhere near being over. It's only getting started.
too sweet! you guys are great! what's life without the adventure?
your so sweet. you two are awesome!
Post a Comment