Just a quick little crazy post about my weekend. Something in my friend, Mel's most recent post made me think of what I did all day on Saturday. Or, maybe it was my friend Heth's title of her blog, From Under the laundry pile. Well, here's the story.
Thursday, early morning, crying little girl- wet comforter!! Comforter goes to laundry room, does not get done.
Thursday night, crying mommy - dog has peed on my comforter. Too late for laundry, comforter goes to laundry room, does not get done.
Friday, early morning, crying little girl - wet sheets. Wet sheets stay on bed because day is crazy.
Friday night, bedtime still no clean sheets or comforters. Find alternate but too small sheets to spread over bed and alternate comforter so kids can just go to bed.
Friday night, a little later. "Husband, please take little girl to bathroom so she does not wet bed", says Mother. He does not.
Friday night, a little more later. Crying little girl- wet everything - no clean anything to be found, kids must sleep on couch blankets spread on bed. And, now crying crabby Mommy.
Saturday morning - Mommy sleeps in, new found energy, all sheets, blankets and comforters get washed. Beds are made! YAY!!!
Saturday afternoon, freshly made bed, large yellow wet spot, guilty looking dog and very angry mommy!!! Sheets and mattress cover back into wash, back into dryer and back onto bed all before bed time.
Saturday night, Mommy's bedtime. Clean, cool, crisp sheets. Set my sleep number to 35 and drift away knowing little girl has on a pull-up and dog is in the kennel.
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
There are some days where we are so busy that just one more thing, like dirty sheets, just won't fit in! Sounds like you had several days like that in a row - and things can really pile up. So glad for the kennel and pull ups! I'm glad you got caught up - I love clean sheets! I just don't get them very often.
Awwww MAN! That bites. Good job on getting the sheets back on. Now do you want to come do mine? I have sheets for five beds laying on the floor in front of my dryer. They are clean but I haven't taken the time to get them back on......for three days. Ooops.
great post, that's awesome! happy birthday melly!
I'm glad I'm not the only one with dirty laundry!!!!! I'm sorry it was hard for you, but it encourages me knowing I'm not the only one!!!!!
Post a Comment