Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Snowy Afternoon


This afternoon, about 3:30, it was snowing. Already! November 15 is a little early for snow, even in Iowa. Because of the snow, it was definitely an indoor afternoon. The kids and I were actually out for a little while, but at 3:30 the kids were resting on the couch and watching a little tv. I was downstairs cleaning up and sorting through toys. We always seem to do that when my in-laws are coming for a visit. I'm not really sure why. We don't think they will judge us for having disorganized toys. I think they are just a good reminder that it needs to be done. Anyway, I was sorting toys and the kids were watching "Punky Brewster". Yes, "Punky Brewster", the tv show from the early 80's starring Soleil Moon Frye as the abandoned little girl with an indomitable spirit who, with her faithful dog Brandon, brings light and laughter into the life of a grumpy, old photogragher, Henry Warnimont. We have seasons one and two on dvd, a "halloween" gift curteousy of a mentally challenged friend of mine. He just couldn't wait all the way to Christmas. The kids have absolutely enjoyed it and have beggd to watch "Punky". Mellie told me the other day she wanted to be like Punky. It has been fun for Bill and I to reminisce about our childhood. By the way tv in the 80's was pretty bad.

4 comments:

Heth said...

Punky Brewster was great. Wasn't there even a cartoon on Saturday mornings for awhile?

Natalie Joy said...

Heth - Yes there was. I think our dvds have some of the episodes.

Amie said...

Ahhh..... Punky Brewster, Rainbow Bright, Smurfs, Fraggle Rock, Superman (Lois & Clark).....ahhhhh.

Tina said...

I don't remember 80s tv being that bad.....