Well, Christmas has come and gone and we are just days away from the new year. I can hardly believe that our first three months in our new "Southerly" home has flown by. I had a difficult time really getting into the Christmas spirit this year. I don't know if it was the lack of snow and cold temperatures, being busy or the newness of our situation or knowing we wouldn't be with our family. It just never quite felt like "Christmas".
It seems at Christmas we think of family and our blessings a little more than we do throughout the rest of the year. I have been blessed with a great family. Amidst hardships, my parents raised me to be strong, independent and confident in who God created me to be. I don't always feel that way, but it is deeply at the core of who I am thanks to my parents. I have great siblings. We aren't the kind that talk every day, but we communicate well and love and support each other the best way we know how. I have been blessed with a great husband. He is passionate for the Lord and for people. His greatest joy is connecting people to the love of God, whether that is through a sermon, a video or through serving them coffee. I have amazing children. I often ask my mom, "how did you manage to raise us to be functional adults?", so that I can do the same for my children. Of course, her answer is, "I dont' know!". Lot a good that'll do me! I try each day to tell my kids I love them and I'm proud of them for who they are and not what they do. I pray with them and tell them about our awesome Father in Heaven. And, I guess that is the best that I can do.
God has also blessed me with incredible "family by choice". I think of the friends we have had to leave behind along our journey. What a blessing and encouragement they have been to me over the years. I think, too, of the friends we have been able to join up with again and continue to encourage and spur one another on in this portion of our journeys. I hope and pray and believe that some day we will cross paths again with members of our family, whether biological or choice, as we continue each day to move forward. And, even though it never quite felt as "Christmas-y" as I would have liked, I think I may have just found my Christmas spirit after all!
Thanks family!!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Merry Christmas to a beautiful friend. Love ya.
Love you. And miss you. Holidays are very weird this year. Looking forward to what God has for all of us. and it's so nice to see you are blogging again! ;)
Love you Natalie.
Post a Comment