It is a new year and I have returned to the blogging world. I have been wanting to for a while, but have waited till I had a new look. Today my wonderful hubby and Heth and her hubby and I managed to change to a new template. Thanks mostly to my hubs, Bill.
With the new look, I decided to change the name as well. Bill suggested I use my middle name, Joy, as part of the new name. I have always liked my middle name and have used my full name since college. My twin sister's middle name is Dawn and for a brief time in Jr High School we were the "Dishwasher twins". So I have used my middle name often.
Because I like it, I strive my best to live up to my name and be a joyful person. I have never been one to fake my emotions, though. I know that sometimes I am a little too transparent and others can see my anger or frustration with life.
As Bill and I were talking about different ideas for my new name I was reminded of a discussion my small group had about a year ago in Ladies' Bible Study. We were discussing the tiny sentence in Nehemiah that gets a lot of attention: "the joy of the Lord is your strength". When times are difficult and we are feeling weak and unhappy, we as Christian women often try to muster up that "joy" to find strength to keep going. When we are truly seeking Christ and His joy it comes so much easier. One woman commented that life was just getting too hard and she couldn't find that joy or strength anymore. Another encouraged her to think of this verse a little differently and it has stuck with me ever since. What if it is God's joy, not our own, but God's joy in our obedience to serve Him that will give us strength? What a great revelation. In my moments of weakness I try to think of that perspective and even when I don't feel joyful I want to be a reflection of God's joy in me.
So, as I muse along with so many other Christian friends in the blogger world, I hope you will find me a reflection of joy.
Nehemiah 8:10b This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey hun! Just wanted to be the first to post again on your blog. Which by the way, I appreciate the thanks for helping with the template, but the truth is I coudn't do jack without my ace tech support specialist. One of these days I will get around to paying off the huge tab I owe him for all the hours he's logged helping me out of my technical nightmares. Here's to you wingman.
Anyways, glad to see you back blogging hun and I look forward to reading your future posts.
welcome back natalie! Yay!!
The dishwasher twins, I love it.
Very very cool look! I am glad you found me and I found you!
yah! welcome back natalie joy!!
Yay! I'm so glad you're back. I miss you guys! (Not just the blogging, I miss you for REAL.
Hi Natalie, I am glad you are back to blogging. Your new look is adorable!
Post a Comment