Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Book Meme

Heth, the laundry lady, tagged me for this meme. It was her gentle way of encouraging me to return to blogging. Thanks!! So here's my book meme.
1) Grab the book closest to you
2) Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence
3) Post the text of the following 3 sentences on your blog
4) Name the author and book title
5) Tag three people to do the same

"Even when formula is intorduced, I tell my mothers to put the baby on the breast anyway, because the sucking helps activate Mum's lactiferous sinuses, which a breast pump cannot do. Whereas Baby's suckling sends a message to your brain to produce milk, a mechanical pump only empties the alveoli, where the milk is stored. Hence, you give formula but you also continue pumping every two housr, to get your flow going."

This is from the book titled, "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer", by Tracy Hogg.
Tracy Hogg is a professional nurse and nanny from England. Although, this is not the best representation of her book, this book RULES!!!
I read this book when my oldest was just a couple weeks old. By the time he was 6 weeks old he was sleeping 6-8 hours a night and by 8 weeks he was sleeping 8-10 hours. I had a "Textbook" baby, according to Tracy. Her methods are so down to earth and easy to follow as a new mom. I attempted to use the methods with my daughter, but she was more of a "Touchy" or downright "Grumpy" baby. Once we discovered she was lactose intolerant and I stopped eating dairy products, she fell into the routine much more easily.
If you have just had a baby/going to have a baby or have a friend who has just had a baby/going to have a baby, you need this book!!! Even if you have had several children, this one is a great read. You can hear her talking to you in a cute british accent, as you read the book. It's great.

3 comments:

hannahjoy said...

Okay, keep that book on hold for me, and SIX OR MORE years from now I will read it! :O)

Tina said...

that's great! .... and you have this book closest to your computer because???? ..??? you're studying up again??? for what reason???

Heth said...

ooooh, Good point T!

There is nothing resembling whispering going on over here at the Laundry house. We don't even know the meaning of the word.

Seriously though, I have heard good things about that book. Might have to check it out. It's great to have you back in the e-world Natalie!