Thursday, April 27, 2006

Why I'm a Weirdo, too

Well, the tag has made me return. Yes, I'm back. I have missed blogging. Sorry to those of you who say you check my blog every day. So here I am to tell you why I am a weirdo. Bill and I discussed the things that make me weird, so here I go.

1. I brush my teeth obsessively. In high school, I brushed my teeth approximately 8 times a day: wake up, before school, third period, after lunch, after school, after dinner, before going somewhere and before bed. I think I did more damage to my enamel than any good. I have also had a lot of cavities and dental work.

2. I have really long toes. I wouldn't wear flip flops for the longest time because of it. Now, I just don't care. If you don't like my finger length toes, don't look at them. Oh yeah, and I no longer have a toenail on my right big toe. Dropped something heavy on it, lost it, grew back weird, and had to have it permanently removed.

3. I am kind of obsessive about Bill's pimples. If I see them I HAVE to pop them. My own too. I know its gross so we'll just leave it at that.

4. I used to have this nervous habit. Still do, sometimes but it is much better. When I get really nervous, I burp. Not big juicy gross ones. Little tiny air pockets that pop at the top of my throat. This becomes a problem in some situations but primarily two. Singing and kissing. It's hard to sing when you're burping. And, likewise on the kissing. When Bill and I first started kissing, it was the greatest thing I had ever experienced, plus I knew he was my husband. So everytime he would lean in I would think with excitement, "I'm kissing my future husband. This is so great. I hope I don't burp in his mouth". But, I would be so nervous, I would burp. You see the problem. It went on for about two weeks. It never happens anymore. Once you've had someone's baby, you kind of get over stuff like that.

5. I can't eat applesauce. It's a texture thing. I can't eat pumpkin pie for the same reason. But, with applesauce, it is very specific. I don't know what to do with it in my mouth. Do I chew it? Well, no, there isn't really anything to chew. Do I swallow it like a drink? Well, no, it is too thick. So, I just don't know how to eat it and I don't think I ever will get used to it.

6. I have a dream that is kinda weird. No, not an I'm asleep dream. I have a dream vehicle. It is a little out of character for me. I tend to be pretty straight laced. I dress stylish, but conservatively. My home is decorated modestly. I only break out with something kind of funky every once in a while. Except for this one thing. If I could go to the car lot and buy any vehicle it would be a 1995 Ford F150 extended cab. Yes, a pickup truck. Not a new fancy stylin' girlie one. A big ol' farmer's truck. I have always wanted one and someday I hope to have one. Maybe, after I get a fancy degree or some title, I will buy myself my truck just 'cuz no one would expect it.

So, that is what makes me a weirdo. I hope this was entertaining for you. And, I hope to be blogging more regularly again.

9 comments:

Heth said...

I. stinkin'. LOVE you.

Here are my favorite parts:
"I hope I don't burp in his mouth"

"Once you've had someone's baby, you kind of get over stuff like that."

"Do I chew it?" "Do I swallow it like a drink? "

I'm so glad you are back. You've been missed.

melanie said...

the truck is too funny- i never would have guessed. i love trucks, and i have got to say you have good taste. my brother kept my dad's truck and never drives it, i don't know if it's a perserving his memory kinda thing or what. but it's black and a 1988 ford 250. it's in perfect shape though because he never drives it, i love it. gotta laugh at God about the burping thing, that's one way of protecting His little girl with boys! hopefully mel inherits that one. love you!

hannahjoy said...

Yay!! I am one of those who checks your blog today, and was extremely psyched that you are back.

This is my favorite:
"Maybe, after I get a fancy degree or some title, I will buy myself my truck just 'cuz no one would expect it."

Way to break out of that box, Natalie! You go, girl!

hannahjoy said...

Okay, bad grammar on my first sentence there... I am one who checks your blog every day, and TODAY, I was psyched. I think I was a little overexcited when typing it. Now, all you need to do is get your hubby back on blogger for my daily read to be fully satisfied! I love you guys!

Tina said...

crack me up!
1. hey, at least you don't NOT brush your teeth... better this way, trust me.

2. I've never noticed. I'll have to pay attention next time.

3. I can totally RELATE!!

4. HYSTERICAL!

5. I can't handle mushrooms for this reason.. slimy fungus texture.

6. 1995? I think we might have one of those... I'll have to hook up with Bill for your "DREAM DATE" on your anniversary. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Natalie!! This was a fun read!!

Angela said...

Yeah! I think I knew most if not all of those things, but they were still fun to read.

Must get together soon! Love you!

lindiepindie said...

I just have to say that for someone who works mental health, you sure are honest about how weird you are! I did an internship in a clubhouse model and came home every night wondering if my quirks were "normal". :o) Of course, I was younger then - and more nervous. The one that I can completely relate to you one is the pimple-popping. Unfortunately, my hubby let me know pretty quick that he doesn't want anyone else popping his pimples! You don't know how blessed you are that your hubby lets you do it! And it's NOT gross - it's FUN!

Amie said...

1. But you have very white teeth! Like I've always said, well not always, but better with white teeth and cavities than yellow and none.

2. Ya' know what? People don't even notice feet anymore unless you're spending hours at a time with them.

3. Harry does that to me, too.

4. I burp after...well....you know.

5. Here's the deal. You have to make your own applesauce. Then you can make it thick and chunky so you have to chew it. And make pumpkin brownies (like cake) instead of the pie.

6. You are hilarious.