Monday, January 16, 2006

Our New Puppy



I would like to take this opportunity to introduce the newest member of our family, Sadie. She is a five month old beagle-jack russell terrior mix. We adopted her from the Noah's Ark Animal Shelter in Fairfield, IA. We were able to meet them in Des Moines at the Petsmart. When we got there, we were told that lots of people had wanted her but they had saved her for us. Noah's Ark has been great to work with if any of you are interested in adopting a pet. Click here to get to their website. You will be able to see Sadie's photo at the bottom of the dog's page with the original name Sissy. (You can see why we changed her name.)
Sadie has been a lot of fun. She will be a surprise for our kids when they return tomorrow. I can't wait to see their reactions to her. It ought to be a pretty funny sight. They have been asking us to get a dog for a long time now. We have done a ton of research to find just the right mix, age, size, energy level etc. So far Sadie has been an angel. No accidents, sleeps in her crate all night. Last night when I went to church, I must not have gotten her crate shut all the way; when we came home the door was open and she was sleeping on our bed. We thought for sure she would have trashed the place, but there was only one shredded up kleenex. Oh, and she licked up my stuffed animal puppy named Nuzzle. Sadie is a real sweetheart and we know she will be a good addition to our family.

10 comments:

Amie said...

Ohh! I want a dog like that! If Mickee was left to roam the house, he would take the kids' toys and chew them up, chewed on the kitchen chairs, and thought the carpet was grass (we have mostly hard wood floors). Sounds like you have a GREAT new addition there! Congrats and hope the kids love the surprise!

Rev60 said...

Notice the pic with Sadie licking my ear. Apparently I am a giant salt lick to her.

Heth said...

Awww, she's great. I can't wait to hear what the kids think!

Tanya Nichols said...

I love the name sadie...SOOOO CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new puppy!! Some friends of ours also got a puppy through Noah's Ark. They had a really good experience with that organization.

The kids will be so thrilled! :)

Natalie Joy said...

The kids love love love her. And, she loves them, too.

hannahjoy said...

AWWWW... I miss my Lucy. That puppy is SO adorable! I can't wait to come over and see her, I bet the kids are having a blast with her!

iridium said...

Just don't let it write a Christmas letter -_-

No, I'm serious.

leighdrea said...

SOO CUTE! i want a puppy :o(... hey i'll be in waverly this summer-- ha dogsitter

Tina said...

cute doggie!
Can't wait to meet her!