Thursday, December 15, 2005

An Unusual Subject

Ok. I have a slightly unusual subject for my blog today. Deodarant vs. Anti-perspirant. Like I said, very unusual. Many of you know our family has sweating issues. Bill's are kind of obvious since he has no hair to absorb the sweat. It just drips down his head. But, many of you do not realize that I also can be a profuse sweater. Kind of gross; not usually something people talk about. I know some of you also feel that you, too, have sweating issues. Some of you have tried the all natural "rock". Some of you have even tried prescriptions. Most of the things we use have both a deodarant and an anti-perspirant. The first inhibits foul body odor, and the latter prevents sweating in the first place. Or, they are supposed to. I have found that certain products do neither. In fact, some I believe make me sweat more and smell worse. So I have been doing a little research and some testing of my own. Here is what I have found.
The active ingredient in anit perspirants always includes aluminum. Yes, metal. Some research is suggesting that aluminum may be one possible cause of breast cancer in women. Particularly women who shave their underarms frequently. I am not one to get all hyped up about things like this, so that is not actually my main concern. I am merely concerned with how I smell and whether or not I appear sweaty to the world around me. I, too, have tried many products and recently decided to try something that was not an antiperspirant to see if that was actually making it worse. In my case, I believe it was. I have discovered Adidas brand women's deodarant only with a patent pending formula called "cotten tech" to naturally decrease sweating. So far, amazing!! No real increase or decrease in sweating, BUT absolutely no foul odor has been coming from my underarms. It really is great. So if you, also, are looking for the next sweating miracle cure, you may want to consider this baby for your next deodarant purchase. It can be found at your local Walmart or drugstore for approximately $2. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Amie said...

My sister never had a problem with sweating - until she had her miscarriage and had to have 5 pints of blood given to her. She says she got "old man blood", because she has "smelly sweat" now - drives her nuts! I'll let her in on it. :) Thanks!

Natalie Joy said...

Ya know, I never was warm blooded or sweaty till after Robby was born and I had 8 pts of blood. Maybe that is it!?

Heth said...

I say we all just go hippie and embrace our smell. Three cheers for all natural.

Tina said...

i heard botox injections help with sweat.. .maybe you could get one on your armpits. :)

Natalie Joy said...

We looked into the Botox, but it has a big side affect. The sweating just moves to a new area of your body. You get your armpits done and then your hands sweat. You do your forehead and then your chest sweats. Not worth it.

Angela said...

Interesting - thanks for the research. I'll check it out. :-)

Truth said...

Interesting! I'll have to check this out. My side of the family has profuse sweating, dh doesn't use anti-perspirant or deodorant. That means he also doesn't get stained clothing either. Our derm. suggested the botox, but too scary. Dd and Ds tried that prescription stuff that burns like heck, until they figured out you apply it with "patting" they don't have that problem. Anyway, I am rambling, just found this post interesting!