Monday, March 19, 2007

Menu Plan Monday



I have always been one to plan meal ideas before going to the grocery store, otherwise, I end up spending a ton of money, buying a bunch of stuff and still not having anything for a real meal. In the past I have done freezer meals and rotating menus, but lately I have been a little out of sync. We have been so busy lately, adjusting to a new schedule. And, I have not been very well prepared for my evening meals. Even with small children, meal time is our time to connect as a family. Each person gets a chance to "tell about their day". We really cherish that time. I would love to have more time for just sitting and talking. So, I have been inspired by Chris to get more organized and be better prepared for our family meals. This is our week's menu.

Monday: Chicken packets and broccoli cheese soup

Tuesday: Crockpot Meatballs, mashed potatos and green beans

Wednesday: waffles and sausage and fruit

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday(Mexican and a Movie night): This night is usually some kind of Mexican food, most often tacos, and we watch a movietogether. So Bill and the kids are having tacos.

Saturday: Chuck E Cheese

Sunday: Grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken noodle soup

I hope you too will spend time with your family at the dinner table this week.

3 comments:

Heth said...

MMmm, Waffles.

melanie said...

whatcha having friday and saturday night, panera, um what other yummy places can i think of? are you going to ride the carousel with me??

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Yippeee....I am so glad you are doing this. It makes meal planning a bit more fun.

Your menu sounds yummy!