Saturday, October 15, 2005

Banana Bread

Today I was cleaning the freezer out to make room for groceries and I discovered a large bag of frozen banana chunks leftover from my summer smoothie making craze so I decided to make banana bread. My husband finds it amusing that I make banana bread since I do not care for it. I think the word he used was "wacky". I told him I make it because I love him and he loves banana bread. I ended up with two loaves (and five fishes), no just two loaves of banana bread and I know some special people who also love banana bread and all things sweet and doughy, so the second loaf will be bestowed upon them for all the incredible things they have done over the last two months to support the husband and I and others through a difficult transition. I want them to know what a difference they have made in the lives of many. I want them to know that the sacrifices they have had to make have not gone unnoticed. I hope they appreciate it as much as we appreciate them. So to yummy warm banana bread and to some very special people I raise my glass of milk in toast. (My husband tells me you have to eat banana bread with milk. I wouldn't know, I don't eat banana bread.)

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love banana bread! And you are sweet to do that for your husband. What a wonderful wife.